How to Remove Floor Adhesive
Home Improvement Expert Lou Manfredini shows you an easy way to remove tough, stuck-on floor adhesive.
When it comes to floor renovation, it’s a “no pain, no gain” type of game. You want to rip up the old flooring to make way for the new, but the floor adhesive isn’t necessarily on board with your new house plans. So, before you start fighting tooth and nail, use the Goo Gone Goo & Adhesive Remover as the great equalizer for floor adhesive.
HOW TO REMOVE FLOOR ADHESIVE
- Apply a generous amount of Goo Gone to the floor adhesive
- Let the formula soak into the adhesive for 3-5 minutes.
- Using a putty knife, start to pull off the floor adhesive. The adhesive will likely remove in small chunks.
- If adhesive remains, repeat 1-3.
- Wash the area with soap and water once you are finished.
- For stubborn floor adhesive, apply hot water to the mess, wait for several minutes, then apply Goo Gone.
- Before continuing your renovation, make sure the surface is completely dry prior to applying more floor adhesive.